Ogun House Of Assembly: Any Success So Far?


Ogun House Of Assembly: Any Success So Far?

I would have received more than a thousands criticisms by now on my silence on everything going on in Ogun state. I should make it clear that I have not been too occupied not to feel concerned about the political success and gauche in the state since 2011. I have realised now is the right time to start talking on the necessary since I have been reading too many people coming for the occupation of our governor office come 2019.
  I wouldn't want to talk about the occupant of that number one office of the state in Oke Mosan. Let us swing discussion on the powerful but flexible puppets of that occupant. Here I shall make my point on the gallant failure of the law makers of the state in terms of the state of education in the state under these puppets.
Why I chose EDUCATION as my first theme is perhaps because I know education is the bedrock of success. Let us go back to 2011, when Sen. Amosun came into power in the state. There was only one thing I was so happy about as a teenager, and that was because my parents were happy in the least to see this man winning after all trials. What made them to be much happy I can't really ascertained but I know they believed this government will provide a better education in the state.
  Sooner than expected, we started feeling the effects of this government's policies on the state's education, but the question is whether negative or positive it is. Junior Secondary School Certificate Examination was postponed for few weeks thinking this government will bring something better only for us to get the worse later. In that same year in 2011, the Unified Examination was introduced in all secondary schools in that state probably to unite the examination questions of all schools in the state and also to set these schools on the same pace, and bridge the widening gap between schools in the state in terms of academic excellence. Unlike everyone, I saw something bad coming into the state's education sector but my voice couldn't have been heard since I am so poor. Rather bring a breakthrough, the Unified Examination was and still the worst policy to be implemented in the education sector of the state when I went down the historic line. In that year, there were a lot of errors; the case of SSS1 students being asked questions on SSS2 syllabus, there were the cases whereby the exams that have been written in some part of the states will be written the following day in another part of the state, in fact, at most times, the question paper which is to be written the next day would have leaked out the previous day, there were cases of question papers not been enough to be given out individually to each students each.

The overall opposite of success which the policy brought in was the increase in brain 'tabula rasa'. Increasing the deficiency in performance of all students in the state. To ship in a fact, go and check the analysis of the outcome of that result in that year, nothing could be poorer than that except the following years.
The government however, to cover up its own failure and to appease the parents, to compliment the efforts of the teachers whose works have been tainted and the students whose brains were deformed, its changed the promotion criteria in the state to four passes with a pass in either Mathematics or English(not in both).  Truly, a larger percentage of the students were happy but not all. This decision got almost every students in the state promoted to the next class on an unmerited basis. A lot of setbacks were brought in, schools like Abeokuta Grammar School, African Church Grammar School, Government Girls College, wouldn't have agreed on this decision with some making their criteria seven passes. Honestly, no sensible man would have expected anything better under a ministry of education headed by a lawyer, no insults meant on Barr. Segun Odubela,  who could not even present a bill that will better the state's education to the house of assembly. I still don't understand why we expect good grades in WAEC results of students who have learnt under poor condition and been previously examined with poor questions.

I wouldn't end up my points without looking at the situation in our higher institutions. I weep bitterly in my mind when I see indigenes of the state boasting about the numerous institutions we have but not minding the poor conditions and products of these institutions. A state where its two states universities are running like a private university. When OOU and TASUED cannot have a successful session without any hindrance. I have to blame the state government for the poor conditions but later changed my mind when Mr governor said the state is getting too less from the federation account. But what could be more confusing than his proposed turning of MAPOLY to a degree awarding institution at a time when Mr governor said he cannot fund two state universities? The state house assembly accepted this bill and passed it. Despite all the failures of every policy the government has made on education in the state, Mr Suraj Adekunbi continue to say 'YES' to all decisions of Mr governor, and yet he want me to believe he is not a stooge of the governor. I see him obeying to get the support of the incumbent fir his undeclared ambition fir 2019.
*Soneye Abdul-Azeez Lekan
Source; www.las2boytreasure.blogspot.com
08102721959
www.soneyeabdazeezl@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confrontation; But where Are The Other Cs Of Aluta

NANS OGUN FORGIVE, BAIL STAINLESS FROM POLICE CUSTODY

The Hitting Fire At TASUED